In addition to our training and education programme, we offer additional one-to-one supports to our trainees. The additional supports we offer aim to:
- Support you to fully participate in training and education in the Centre,
- Support you to deal with issues and concerns that may be affecting you,
- Guide you to develop a future training and employment pathway.
The one-to-one supports we offer are:
- A safe, accepting, non-judgmental space to support you to identify and address personal and family issues affecting your life.
- A space to support you to build strengths and skills to prevent, or reduce, the risk of personal issues developing into more serious concerns for you.
Social Work Supports:
- A safe space where you can have a say and be heard without judgement regarding issues affecting you or your family,
- Advocacy on your behalf and with your consent, to ensure you can access relevant services and supports you may require,
- Support to explore your options and rights, and learn new life strategies,
- Referral and information to ensure you have up-to-date information on housing, welfare and other services you may need to access.
Education and Employment Supports:
- Career Assessment Advice and Information to explore employment, education and training opportunities,
- Career Guidance to explore your interests, skills, values and personal qualities, so that you can match those to employment and training opportunities that will suit your needs,
- Career Coaching to support you to set and achieve realistic career goals and develop career pathways or progression plans,
- Practical supports to assist you to compile a CV, complete college/job applications, and coaching to prepare you for interviews.