We provide activities and supports to enhance community inclusion for older people living in Dublin’s North Inner City. This includes the provision of: in-house activities and supports; in-house and community meals; and outreach supports to our service participants.
Our service is provided in a flexible way to allow participants to choose between availing of community meals and/or in-house activities and programmes as best suits their needs.
Our service works from the values of:
- Respect for the dignity of each person participating in our service,
- Providing a warm, homely service environment,
- Enhancing social inclusion, quality of life and community participation.
Our service participants can avail of the following:
- Daily meaningful activities which include music, games, gardening and exercise. We also host occasional outings and events,
- Meals in our canteen that cater for a variety of dietary needs (cost €4 per day),
- Community meals (cost €4 per day) (delivered within our catchment area
- Home and hospital visits as requested,
- Counselling supports: a confidential, accepting, non-judgmental space to support you to identify and address issues affecting your life,
- Social worker supports: offering support and information to ensure you can access relevant services and supports you may require.
Our service is delivered in our centre located at 9 Henrietta Street, Dublin 1. Transportation to and from Henrietta Street is provided for service participants (within our catchment area).